Tuesday 9 February 2010

Flickr

Had great difficulty signing on to Flickr. Trouble began when it wanted to know my date of birth and my postcode. With these two pieces of information I would be easy to identify. I do not trust organisations such as Yahoo and Google will be able to protect my personal information indefinitely. I object strongly to being forced to give this information. I gave my date of birth as 2009 but this sadly backfired as I then had difficulty getting any further as Yahoo wanted my mom or dad to sign up for me! Then to prove I was over 18 they wanted my to give my credit card details! They said they would take 50 cents from it, giving some to charity. I gave up at that point.

After a rant to a colleague I went back to it and mysteriously Flickr had relented or Yahoo or something but anyway I now have a Flickr account - not sure how its happened. But I did fill out the forms about 6 times so perhaps it got the message eventually! I have asked to join the Oxford 23 Things group.

I do not have any photos today and I do not have a camera. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment